Sunday, November 29, 2009

Meter Box - yay...

Went down to the site tonight (sad isn't it, it's a Saturday !), and two things:

(a) I need to buy gumboots for the next visit ! It's been pouring down today in Melbourne (which is not necessarily a bad thing) and the site was pretty squishy - the garage in the site cut is like a toddler's pool :)

(b) We now have a meter box ! It's not fully wired internally, but has all the cables fed in waiting to be hooked up.

Still waiting for the plumbing.


Thursday, November 19, 2009

Site has been scraped !

Wow, things move quickly when there's money involved :)

Paid the 5% deposit last Friday, and looks like it went through OK, as we found out (via Hels on the Home One forum) that the site has been scraped, as of November 18th.

Thank goodness Jason did the mowing a few weeks ago, it was pretty long and would have gotten in the way.   Luckily we haven't copped a lot of rubbish on the site, and will be going back on Saturday to check if that's any different.

Next, temporary fencing - and the plumbing !

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Almost ready....

It's been a while between posts hasn't it ?

That's what happens when you have a few things going in life :)

Anyways, a brief update as to what's going on :

* We had a final contract/drawing meeting a couple of weeks ago - the 'last chance' to change anything without incurring any variation fees.  The only thing to do was to add a switch which would become a two way with the inside near the front door so the verandah light could be switched on from either side - ideal if you're coming home in the dark :) Only cost $55 !

* Site costs came in $1,400 less than thought, so we've now put a Decro door in - made by Steel-line, and a step above a Colorbond door with a wood type finish.  Ours is in Auburn, and will complement the Austral Canterbury bricks and the general tone of the house. 

* Jason spent a good hour and copped a few blisters doing a site clean up last weekend - nice job too ! The bulk of it was at the back of the property, and it's now far shorter (and goes about a metre past the boundary, so the back neighbours better thank us !!!).   The front embankment is also neater.

Thanks for Hels'n'Greg from the HomeOne forum for the lend of the whipper snipper - but it became too big a job for it in the end.