Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dad's gone into hospital

FROM (17/4/09)
Found out early this morning (while I was at work), that my dad had taken a fall when he was at home, and had gone to Ballarat Base Hospital.

I spoke to him around 3:30am, he was
extremely groggy (morphine will do that !), and it appears he's broken it in 3 places, and has now got a plaster cast running from shoulder to wrist. It'sthe first time in my life I've spoken to him and not had the effervescent Dad I usually hear.

UPDATE
(23/4/09)
I've been in touch with my aunt (his sister), and his partner about Dad's condition. Basically, he got discharged today from the hospital, he's going back in 3 weeks for pins to help heal the breaks, plus he copped a lung infection while he was there, but they've run the blood tests and is all clear, taking a haul of anti-biotics home with him.

He's asked to not be inundated with visitors, but I know he's a bit stubborn when it comes to things like that (he's very much the "I'm fine" kind of person...), and I will drop in next weekend to see him, it's only 1.5 hours drive to just outside of Maryborough.

2 Responses to “Dad's gone into hospital”

Hels said...

Oh no! I hope your dad has a speedy recovery.

~ Hels ~

Paul and Jason said...

Hels, thanks for your thoughts....I spoke to his sister, and he's still in the hospital - now with a lung infection, which they need to fix before they can continue on with his arm.

I am going up on Friday with her before work to see him (even though he's stubborn and will say "don't come up" !).

Leave a Reply